Kyodai Remittance - Family to Family -
Site Map


How can I register in Kyodai Remittance?

Please go to Send Money

What is eKYC?

eKYC (electronic know your customer) is the digital version of the “know your customer” process. This is a digital process where companies used for verifying and authenticating a customer’s personal data online.

Kyodai’s eKYC is through your mobile phone, where AI (artificial intelligent) will compare your image on your ID with your selfie.

What identification document (ID) do I need for registration?

For Foreigners:  Valid Residence card with current address.  For Japanese nationals: Valid Driver's License or My Number card with current address.

For more details please go to Send Money

Is it necessary to present My Number card?

Yes, According to the new law concerning "Individual Number" effective since Jan 1, 2016, each customer is newly requested to inform his/her Individual Number to money transfer business entities including our company at the time of applying money transfer transaction by presenting the My Number card or its notification.

For more information about My Number documents Click Here!

What information of the receiver is necessary for registration?

Full name, Nationality, DOB, Address, Phone number, others.

Please go to  Send Money

What is PEPs?

PEP means Politically Exposed Person. The general description of PEP at Kyodai are as follows:

-Those who hold, or held in the past, any of the position described in the points below in Japan or abroad or at international organizations; and their immediate families and relatives.

[Examples of PEP]

-Head of State or Deputy Head of State;
-Minister and Vice Minister of Government;
-Member of National Legislature (Diet or Congress or Assembly);
-Governor / Vice-Governor of State, Province or Prefecture;
-Judge of Supreme Court;
-Ambassador, Envoy or Government Delegate;
-Joint Chief of Staff, Chief of Staff or their Deputies of Armed Forces;
-Director of Central Bank;
-Director of state-owned company or a company subject to a resolution or approval for its budget from National Legislature;
-Director of International Organization; and Religious Leader.

The immediate families and relatives of PEP are also regarded as PEP:

-Parents and Parents in Law;
-Siblings (Brothers and Sisters);
-Spouse or Common-Law Spouse;
-and Children and Stepchildren.

Those who hold or held the important position in the government or international organizations and their immediate families and relatives are kindly requested to declare themselves as PEP.

Why is necessary to inform the relationship with the receiver and the purpose of the remittance?

This is a matter required by the Act on Prevention of Transfer of Criminal Proceeds. In addition, from the perspective of customer protection, we have confirmed for the prevention of fraud damage . Personal Data Protection Policies

Can I send money in any Kyodai Remittances branches?

Yes, You can register, send money and request your KC card . Branches

Where are the Kyodai Remittances branches?

Please go to Branches

I would like to register by mail, where can I get the forms for registration?

Please go to Download Application forms 

If you can not print out, we will mail you the forms, so please feel free to contact us.

Can I register by Smart Phone?

Yes, You can.  Please go to this link

If I registered by Web, can I send money immediately?

No, You can not. We need to confirm your address by a certificated mail, so it will take 2 or 3 days to finish the Registration process. Send Money

I would like to make one time remittance, do I need to register?

Yes,  Even for one time remittance, all customer needs to register.  Contact us

Can a company be registered?

Yes, Please go to Contact us

How much cost the fee?

The fee varies  depend the country, type of payment, amount, etc. Fees

What kind of payment mode do Kyodai remittance offers?

The payment mode varies depend the country. Some countries have deposit in a bank account and cash pick up.  Others only cash pick up.   Please go to Contact us

How long does it take to receive the money?

The time for receiving the money, depends on the country and payment mode.

What is the limit amount for sending Money?

The limit amount per day and per transaction  is 1 million yen. But BE AWARE, this amount does not apply to all countries.

Depending on the accumulated amount, additional documents for confirmation may be required.  Contact us

Is there any country where I cannot send money?

You can not send money to countries subject to economic sanctions like North Korea and Iran.

What should I do in case the receiver can not get the money?

Please contact us. We will support you until the completion of the remittance can be confirmed.

Where can I use the Kyodai card?

You can use in all ATM's from Japan Post Bank and Lawson Bank.

After I made the deposit with the Kyodai Card, what should I do?

Please go to Send Money

After I made the deposit with the Kyodai Card, I didn't get a notification of the end of process, what should I do?

Please go to Contact us

I can not deposit the exact amount with Kyodai card, what should I do?

Unfortunately the ATM's of Japan Post Bank and Lawson Bank doesn't accept coins. If you want an exact amount, please use Electronic Bank Transfer (Denshin Furikomi). Please go to Electronic Bank Transfer

Where can I see the rate of the day?

Please go to Home 

The rates are for reference only. Please note that at the time of the remittance process the rate can change.

I want to cancel the remittance, what should I do?

Please contact Kyodai Remittance. Contact us

Please be aware that cancellations can not be made if bank transfer or cash pick up mode has been completed.

I sent 1 million yen, but I didn't receive the notification of the completion of the remittance, what should I do?

1 million yen can be remitted, but BE AWARE that additional document for confirmation is required.  

Please contact Kyodai Remittance. Contact us

Why do I have to update my Identification Document (ID)?

Because We need to confirm the validation of your Identification Document (ID).     Valid ID for Foreigners:  Residence card with current address.  Valid ID for Japanese Nationals: Driver's License or My Number card with current address.    For more details go to Send Money

How can I update my Identification Document (ID)?

You have 3 ways to update your ID.   Please go the link for more details.  How to update my ID

Why do you need additional confirmation if I send more than 800,000 yen?

We are sorry for the trouble, but from the perspective of customer protection, we have to make additional checks. Thank you for your understanding.

How will the personal information provided be treated?

Customer information is only for overseas remittance procedures. It never will be disclosed to third parties for other uses. Personal Data Protection Policies

I want a history of remittances, how much does it cost?

Transaction History Record are for Free.  Please fill up the request for it.  Download application forms

I moved to a new place, how can I change my registered address?

Please send us, your ID document with the  new address for update in our Database. Be aware that the update in the document must be made by the authority related.

Where can I make a complaint?

Please contact Kyodai remittance, we will do our best to meet your  needs.  Or you can contact:  Tokyo Bar Association, Dai Ichi Tokyo Bar Association or Dai Ni Tokyo Bar Association. International Remittance Transaction Terms

I would like to cancel my membership, what should I do?

Please go to Contact us

About Corporate customers

About sponsorship